Medieval Europe Release 184.108.40.206 – Armor and Weapon Rebalancement
This release aims to resolve the following problems:
- Everyone equips with the same armor set and there isn’t any constraint to equip an armor.
- Special Sets attributes do not follow criteria, they should be reorganized in a hierarchy compared to normal weapons
- Special Sets should wear less than normal sets but they cannot be indestructible.
A certain strength will be required to wield weapons and equip armor. This will promote the use of different armor sets.
- Armor defense of ALL Sets will be increased;
- Special Armor Wear Factors will be rebalanced
Normal Armors sets will be organized in three sets:
- Leather Set
- Chain Mail Set
- Plate Mail Set
To simplify the engine, there won’t be any more the possibility to wear parts on armor: every armor will be equipped on part torso. This means it won’t be more possible to equip chainmail under the light leather armor.
- A new item: Leather Armor Set: Head will be introduced
- Light leather armor will be renamed to Leather Armor Set: Body and it will no more be crafted by the Blacksmith but by the Tailor.
- Boots will be renamed to Leather Armor Set: Feet
- Reinforced Leather Trousers will be renamed to Leather Armor Set: Legs.
Produced by: Tailor
Weight: 1,5 Kg.
Crafting time: 432 minutes.
- 1 Iron piece
- 3 Leather pieces
- 1 coal piece
- A new item: Chainmail Armor Set: Legs will be introduced
- A new item: Chainmail Armor Set: Boots will be introduced
- Iron Helmet 1 will be renamed to: Chainmail Armor Set: Head
- Chainmail will be renamed to: Chainmail Armor Set: Body
Produced by: Blacksmith
- 4 coal pieces
- 30 iron pieces
Crafted by: Blacksmith
- 2 coal pieces;
- 15 iron pieces;
Today damage formula strength factor is too great:
Damage = f(weapondamage) + f(weapondamage)*(strength/maxstrength)*0.5
The damage formula will be changed as follows:
Damage = f(minweapon_damage, maxweapon_damage) + strength / 5
NPC Damage will be reduced as follows:
If a NPC doesn’t hold a weapon the minweapon_damage and maxweapon_damage are respectively:
minweapon_damage = max(1, strength * 0.25)
maxweapon_damage = max(1, strength * 0.5)
If a PC doesn’t hold a weapon the minweapon_damage and maxweapon_damage are respectively:
minweapon_damage = max(1, strength * 0.1)
maxweapon_damage = max(1, strength * 0.2)
Large Dogs items dropping chance will change as follows:
- 80%: nothing
- 1%: 5 doubloons
- 19%: Meat Piece
- The Wooden sword will be configured as a weapon.
- Tools that were configured as weapon (pastoral_rome, scepter_kiev, scepter_norsemysticrod_turnu, ecc.) will bere configured as tool and cannot be used anymore as a weapon.
- All weapons have been reviewed in terms of damage and critical hits. Special Weapons have been rebalanced taking into consideration that they should be more powerful than normal weapons.
Color has been changed for Duel messages in Town Crier.
Latest posts by sunchaser (see all)
- Medieval Europe Release 220.127.116.11 – Armor and Weapon Rebalancement - September 16, 2018
- Medieval Europe Release 18.104.22.168 – War Engine Fixes - June 24, 2018
- Medieval Europe Release 22.214.171.124 – New Suggestion Process - June 3, 2018